List of Asanas with Pictures
In the Profile Settings menu, you will find 7 tabs, each with different options:
- Profile - change your profile details or set yourself as away with the Vacation Indicator
- To Email - change your email notification settings, add an email address to your account, or remove an email address from your account
- From Email - change which of your email addresses can create tasks in your various Workspace and Organizations
- Account - change your password or deactivate your account
- Display - change the background image or add task row numbers to your Asana account’s interface
- Apps - manage your integrations and create Personal Access Tokens
- Hacks - enable & disable experimental features in Asana
From the Profile tab, you can:
- Change your profile photo
- Change your profile name
- Add a brief description about yourself in the Role, Department, and About Me fields
- Set yourself as away using the Vacation Indicator
Profile name & photo
A profile name & photo helps your team identify who you are. Your profile name & photo will appear:
- Under the TeamsTeams A team is a group of people in an Organization who are working together on a collection of projects. Read more you belong to in the sidebarsidebar Use the sidebar to navigate to the dashboard, starred items, projects, and teams. The sidebar can be collapsed. Read more
- Next to tasks assignedassigned The person responsible for the task or subtask. Asana allows one assignee per task or subtask. Read more to you (except in your My Tasks list) in the main panemain pane When you select a project, tag, or person, you will see the relevant list of tasks in the main pane. Read more
- Beside your commentscomments Comment on a task or conversation to offer help, answer questions, and help move work forward. and followerfollower fields in the right paneright pane
We accept the following file types under 5MB:
It’s best if the image is square and at least 128x128px, but it doesn’t have to be.
If you do not upload a photo, we will use your initials as a placeholder.
Add a quick summary of who you are or what you do in the About Me section of your profile.
The information from your About Me section of your profile can be seen whenever you hover over your profile photo anywhere.
When you’re not going to be working or available to collaborate with your teammates, use the Vacation Indicator to let them know.
Set your status as away:
- Click your profile photo in the top bar and select My Profile Settings
- Navigate to the Profile tab
- Click the Show me as away switch
- Enter the first day you’ll be out (the first day you’ll be gone)
- Enter the last day you’ll be out (the day before you return)
- Click the Update Profile button
Once you’ve set your status as away, your profile photo will appear dimmed and your away status will appear whenever anyone hovers over your profile photo.
“Away through today” means that person is out today and will back tomorrow. “Away through Monday” means that they will be back on Tuesday.
From the To Email tab, you can:
- Change the destination email address for where your notifications are sent to in each of your Workspaces & Organizations
- Change the type of notifications you receive for each of your Workspaces & Organizations
- Add an email address to your account
- Remove an email address from your account
To change your email address, first add a new one, then remove your old one.
Add an Email Address
You can add multiple email addresses to your Asana account. With multiple email addresses associated with your account:
- You will have additional options for emailing tasks into Asana
- You will have additional options for receiving email notifications
- You can log into your account using any of your email addresses
- Other people can invite you into their Workspace or Organization using any of your email addresses
When you add a second email address to your Asana account, you will be asked to verify your identity by re-authenticating your Asana account. This means that you will have to re-login with the existing email address in order to add a new one.
Add an email address to your account:
- Navigate to the To Email tab and click + Add New Email
- Enter your new email address
- Enter your password
- Click the Send Verification Email button
At this point, a verification message will be sent to the email address you entered in step 3. Go to the email address’s corresponding Inbox to locate the email and click the verification link to complete the process.
If you use the Login with Google feature, you will instead be required to verify your Google account. A popup window will appear to log into Google, enter the credentials for the email address currently associated to your Asana account to initiate the process.
Remove an email address
If you have an email address associated with your account that you no longer use or that belongs to someone else, you can remove it.
You can only remove an email address if you already have more than one email address associated to your account.
Remove an email address from your account:
- Navigate to the To Email tab and click Remove Email
- Enter the email address you want to remove
- Click the Remove Email button
From the From Email tab, you can:
- Choose which My TasksMy Tasks list that your emails sent to Asana creates tasks in
Learn more about this feature in the create tasks by emailcreate tasks by email article of the Guide.
Add more email addresses to your account for more options in this tab.
From the Account tab, you can:
- Change the password for your account
- Deactivate your Account
If you are using Google SSO to login, you will not see an option to change your password. Instead, you’ll have to log out of your account and request a password reset link.
To change your password:
- Navigate to the Account tab and select Change your password
- Enter your current password
- Enter your new password
- Enter your new password again
- Click Change Password
If you don’t remember your password, an alternate option would be to request a password reset link sent to your email address from the