Kind of Yoga Asanas
How to do Wind-Relieving Pose (Pawanmuktasana)
- Lie on your back with your feet together and arms beside your body.
- Breathe in and as you exhale, bring your right knee towards your chest and press the thigh on your abdomen with clasped hands.
- Breathe in again and as you exhale, lift your head and chest off the floor and touch your chin to your right knee.
- Hold it there, as you take deep, long breaths in and out.
- Checkpoint: As you exhale, tighten the grip of the hands on the knee and increase the pressure on the chest. As you
inhale, loosen the grip.
- As you exhale, come back to the ground and relax.
- Repeat this pose with the left leg and then with both the legs together.
- You may rock up and down or roll from side to side 3-5 times and then relax.
Wind-Relieving Pose (Pawanmuktasana) forms a part of Padma Sadhana, a special sequence yoga poses, taught in Art of Silence (Part-2 Course) and DSN Course.
Benefits of the Wind-Relieving Pose (Pawanmuktasana)
- Strengthens the back and abdominal muscles
- Tones the leg and arm muscles
- Massages the intestines and other organs in the abdomen
- Helps in digestion and release of gas
- Enhances blood circulation in the hip joints and eases tension in the lower back
Contraindications of the Wind-Relieving Pose (Pawanmuktasana)
- Avoid practicing Wind-Relieving Pose (Pawanmuktasana) if you are facing the following health issues: high blood pressure, heart problem, hyperacidity, hernia, slip disc, testicle disorder, menstruation, neck and back problems, and after the second trimester of pregnancy.
< Shoulder Stand Fish Pose >
Yoga practice helps develop the body and mind bringing a lot of health benefits yet is not a substitute for medicine. It is important to learn and practice yoga postures under the supervision of a trained Sri Sri Yoga teacher. In case of any medical condition, practice yoga postures after consulting a doctor and an Sri Sri Yoga teacher. Find an Sri Sri Yoga course at an Art of Living Center near you. Do you need information on courses or share feedback? Write to us at email@example.com.